Terms & Conditions
Pack & Load Services Inc. Website and Service Terms & Conditions.
(Updated 9/2/2015: 1:27pm)
- The term “Website” refers to pods.packandloadservices.com
- The terms “Customer”, “Client”, “You”, and “Your” refers to: a) you individually, b) any other person for whom you are legally authorized to act, and c) and other person who is legally authorized to act for you who is/are accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
- The terms “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “P&L”, “Pack & Load Services”, “Service Provider” or “Provider” refers to Pack & Load Services, Inc. or an authorized service agent of Pack & Load Services.
- The terms “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Customer and Ourselves, or either the Customer or Ourselves.
- The terms “Service” and “Jobs” refers to: the loading and unloading of personal property, furniture and equipment/appliances; the packing of personal property into boxes.
- The term “Flat-Rate” refers to a service or job in which the customer is billed one rate regardless of the amount of time taken to complete the service or job.
- The term “Hourly” refers to a service or job in which the customer is billed on a per-hour basis.
- The term “Deposit” refers to the prepaid amount billed to the customer prior to the commencement of services by P&L. This amount is based upon the initial price quote agreed upon by both parties.
- The terms “Confirmed Job” refers to a job agreed upon by both parties. A job is considered “Confirmed” once a customer requests a date for service and provides all of their pertinent information, inclusive of their payment method and their credit card number.
The following terms and conditions govern your use of pods.packandloadservices.com. Your use and/or viewing of this site establishes your agreement to all of our terms and conditions contained within and below. Pack and Load Services has the right to make future changes or alterations to these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any subsequent viewing or use of this site by you will constitute your agreement to the changes and modifications. Additional information regarding many of our policies may be found throughout pods.packandloadservices.com. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Customer in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to the United States of America and Florida Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Price Quotes and General Pricing Details:
- The customer’s price quote is the basis used for our collection of the customer’s deposit prior to the commencement of the job.
- Our price quote is our stated prices for the services the customer requests.
- All hourly price quoted jobs will be billed based upon actual hours of services performed.
- All price quotes inclusive of packing boxes are based upon a per-box charge. The customer will charged on this per-box basis for the total amount of boxes used.
- All quotes are valid for 45 days.
- All quotes are stated in US Dollars $$. All payment will be processed in US Dollars $$.
- In many cases, additional charges will be assessed for the delivery or removal of goods:
- Located on floors above the ground floor.
- Located over 75’ from the entrance of the residence.
- Jobs that originate over 50 miles from the service provider’s location.
- Jobs performed on Sundays are subject to an additional fee.
- All cancelled jobs must conform to our cancellation policy which are outlined later in this document and on our FAQ page.
General Service Terms:
- All requested service dates are subject to availability. Pack & Load Services makes every effort to meet our customer’s date requests. In the rare event that our service cannot be provided on the requested date, we will make every reasonable effort to schedule services on the next available date.
- Once a customer books in and the company confirms the job, any and all changes to said job should be requested as early as possible. Examples of these changes include but are not limited to: dates, times, number of containers, types of services, amount of or cancellation of packing, locations, etc. Any additional services and their associated charges will be reflected in a new price quote which will be supplied to the customer prior to the commencement of the services.
- We do not disassemble, disconnect or re-connect:
- Major appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, window air conditioners, etc..)
- Limitation of Liability: Pack and Load Services, Inc. is providing packing and loading services only. We are not a transportation company nor do we assume any liability during transportation. Our maximum liability for packing and loading services provided is $0.60 per pound per article with a $25.00 maximum per article, and a maximum of $250.00 for the entire job. Additionally, our maximum liability for damages to residential property is $25.00 per occurrence.
- Liability Exclusions: Pack and Load Services is not liable for the following:
- Mechanical or electrical malfunction of any articles such as, but not limited to washers, dryers, refrigerator, freezers, televisions, hi-fi sets, radios, phonographs, computers, game consoles, and pianos whether or not such items were packed or unpacked by the company. The devices often fail for reasons other than transportation, or from normal vibration incident to transportation. Proper serving before and after shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
- Damages to furniture manufactured utilizing particle board or press board.
- Cash, jewelry or coins.
- Lost or missing items.
- Damages caused by atmospheric conditions such as dampness, mold, mildew, rusting, tarnish, corrosion or any deterioration linked directly to ingress of water.
- Goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- Damages occurring while customer’s property is in transit.
- Damages caused by the transportation of aerosol cans, cleaning fluids, paint, explosives, firearms, ammunition, bio-hazards, flammables or any other dangerous goods.
- Damage must be reported within thirty days from the day of delivery either via telephone or email. No claim will be considered registered until Pack and Load Services has received a completed “Statement of Claim” signed by the customer. Claims must be received in written form within one hundred days after delivery.
- Pack and Load Services reserves the right to require a sworn statement of claims as a condition precedent to claim settlement.
- Once the customer initiates a damage claim, the company will mail out a packet containing a “Statement of Claim” and “Pack and Load Services Personal Property Liability Policy” and “Claims Process”. When completing the “Statement of Claim, the customer must fill out the form completely following these guidelines:
“Statement of Claim Column”
- ARTICLE – Describe each item carefully preferably by manufacturer or brand name, size, pattern, model number or SKU, etc. Identify contents of containers as accurately and completely as possible. Indicate whether carton was packed by carrier or owner.
- NATURE OF CLAIM- Indicate type, severity, and location of damage.
- APPROXIMATE WEIGHT- Indicate the weight of each item claimed to the best of your ability.
- PURCHASE DATE- If the item was purchased used, so indicate.
- COST- List the price you paid for the item.
- AMOUNT CLAIMED – Indicate cost of reasonable repair or replacement, considering age, actual cost and pre-existing damage to item.
- Please include high quality photographs of the items and the damages
- Pack and Load Services reserve the right of inspection of items claimed within a reasonable time. Do not proceed with repairs or replacement until we have an opportunity to examine your completed statement of claim and determine the course of action necessary.
- Your best evidence to prove your claim is the written exceptions or notes taken on the delivery
Ownership of Property:
- Pack and Load Service is not a transportation company and at no time takes possession of the customer’s personal property.
- If cancelled, all confirmed jobs are subject to a cancellation fee:
- Up to 24 hours prior to scheduled date of the commencement of the job – $75
- On the scheduled date of the job – $150
- If P&L arrives and the customer is not ready for us to commence our agreed-upon services, a hourly waiting period charge will be in effect in the amount of $98 per hour for 2 men, $149 per hour for three men, and $198 per hour for four men.